Western Graphics: Doing Our Part
To Western Graphics, going green is a journey, not a destination. We work hard to continually strengthen our responsible printing practices and are dedicated to minimizing our carbon footprint and its impact on the environment.
- We are Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC®) certified.
- We actively promote the use of recycled and FSC-certified papers in the marketplace.
- We use a minimum 30% post-consumer recycled content and/or FSC-certified papers whenever possible for our own printing and advertising.
- With on-demand, just in time printing, we reduce waste by printing only what is necessary for each project.
- We have established Key Performance Indicators, allowing us to track our environmental performance.
- We replaced petro-based inks with agriculturally based inks and all inks used at Western Graphics contain low VOC’s.
- We upgraded the lighting system to more efficient and eco-friendly T8 bulbs.
- We installed automatic shut-off lights in unattended areas.
- We purchase only paper towels and tissues that are FSC-certified and/or contain recycled wood or fiber content.
- We recycle the following items:
- Unused and waste ink
- Suitable paper waste in the production cycle
- Paper products in the office
- Used aluminum printing plates
- Aluminum and plastic products
- Toner cartridges in the office
- Our commingled waste stream allows us to recycle a variety of items reducing the amount of trash generated.